Zeal Property Management is looking for a strong candidate to fill our Assistant Property Manager Position in Lafayette, Colorado. Zeal Property Management is a fast growing boutique property management firm specializing in residential and small multifamily properties in the Boulder County and surrounding locale.
How to apply:
Resumes should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Property Manager
Reports to: Property Manager
Hourly/salary with potential for growth
At Zeal, we believe the #1 thing we do every day build and foster relationships. This position is for the super-organized person who enjoys working with people and helping potential residents find their perfect home. As second in command under the Property Manager, this position will be responsible for keeping all resident files up-to-date in AppFolio, accounting for rents paid through the resident portal, handling delinquent residents, reviewing and approving the Final Accounting Statements, and preparing and delivering legal and formal documents. As the Assistant Property Manager, you will also assist with the turnover process with new leases and lease renewals and all day to day activities.
Each duty must be performed with the focus and accuracy it requires. The essential knowledge, skills and abilities you need are outlined below.
- Show, lease and move in prospective residents.
- Maintaining an excellent customer service relationship with residents, vendors, co-workers, owners and the community.
- Stay on the cutting edge of market conditions, trends and product knowledge in the community and competitive communities; ensure same knowledge in leasing staff.
- Oversee and direct efforts to maximize rental income and high occupancy through sales and marketing plans.
- Adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Play role in achieving community financial goals with assisting in the development, preparation and administration of the companies operations.
- Provide clerical and phone support.
- Monitor the timely receipt and reconciliation of rent collections and ensure landlord/tenant statutes are followed.
- Review and approve Final Accounting Statements, ensuring all are timely and comply with state law and all changes are necessary and accurate as stated on the Move Out Inspection Report and company standards.
- Maintain a calendar of scheduled move-ins, ensuring all move-in appointments are completed and all apartments inspected and compliant with established standards prior to move-in.
- Prepare and deliver all legal and formal notices in accordance with state law and company standards, including but not limited to late notices, change in term notices, and lease violations.
- Demonstrate ability to resolve resident complaints and direct pertinent issues and matters to the Property Manager.
- Input all cash receipts to appropriate income accounts in AppFolio and prepare and generate list of deposit receipts and amounts in accordance with company standards.
- Complete all Appfolio computer training sessions and other Appfolio processes in accordance with operational policies and procedures.
- Initiate all necessary evictions by preparing copies and forwarding all appropriate paperwork for legal evections or other legal proceeding; ensure all evictions and legal proceeding are followed through to completion.
- Conduct resident move-outs in accordance with state law and company standards.
- Maintain all account records and transactions Including NSF’s, rent allowances, concessions, rent increases and other management approved debits and credits in Appfolio.
- Ensure timely collections of all rent receipts through the preparation and distribution of delinquency reports to the Property Manager.
- Communicate effectively with owners, residents, vendors and co-workers.
- Assist and ensure all customer complaints are handled promptly and appropriately.
- Adhere to established company standards for screening applicants for residency.
- Complete accounting Pre-Close and Month End Reports.
- Responsible for entering bills and charging residents back appropriate charges.
- Responsible for responding and assigning maintenance requests
- Monitor, follow up and maintain accurate information with all In House Collections, accordance with company standards.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A High School education or equivalent is required; college degree is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to fluently read and write English.
- Accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and use all Appfolio resident management software functions.
- At least 2 years experience in residential property management or related field is required.
- Ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Our property staffing limitation makes it critical for you to work your scheduled hours consistently as well as overtime if necessary when requested.
- Ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
- Valid Drivers license and current automobile insurance is required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of jobs functions.
Skills include an excellent ability to manage and motivate others; effective communication with residents, prospects, co-workers, and vendors. Other essential skills included but are not limited to:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize wisely
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good understanding of basic accounting practices
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements, including dealing with vendors and contractors
- Ability to close a sale
- Ability to drive and access to a car
- Knowledge of state law as it relates to handling of Security Deposits and other resident-related fees and charges
- Basic computer and Internet knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel; proficiency with Outlook and Mac tools
- Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages
Learning and Development
- Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth
- Must wear career apparel based on defined company standards